Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The prefect drink to cool you off on those hot summer days! This recipe has the perfect blend of tart lemon & sweet sugar flavors. Also, the use of simple syrup instead of granulated sugar ensures that your sugar will be completely dissolved instead of stuck at the bottom of your glass
- Start by making your simple syrup. This will be used to sweeten your lemonade (instead of plain granulated sugar) If you like a sweeter lemonade you may want to make more syrup & add it to your taste. Just stick with the 1 part sugar to 1 part water ratio.
- Combine the 1 1/3 cups water with the 1 1/3 cups sugar in a medium sauce pan.
- While stirring, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to slowly boil for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove the simple syrup mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
- For the lemonade:.
- Cut each lemon in half & use a juicer to get all the juice from each lemon.
- Use a spoon to dig out the pulp from the lemon halves.
- Put the lemon juice, pulp & rines into a serving container (plastic jug, dispenser etc).
- Add the 2 quarts of cold water & the 2 2/3 cups simple syrup.
- Allow the mixture to chill in the fridge until you are going to use.
- To Serve:.
- Fill a glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Pour the chilled lemonade mixture over the ice & enjoy.