Recipe by KirstenSU04
The prefect drink to cool you off on those hot summer days! This recipe has the perfect blend of tart lemon & sweet sugar flavors. Also, the use of simple syrup instead of granulated sugar ensures that your sugar will be completely dissolved instead of stuck at the bottom of your glass
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by making your simple syrup. This will be used to sweeten your lemonade (instead of plain granulated sugar) If you like a sweeter lemonade you may want to make more syrup & add it to your taste. Just stick with the 1 part sugar to 1 part water ratio.
- Combine the 1 1/3 cups water with the 1 1/3 cups sugar in a medium sauce pan.
- While stirring, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to slowly boil for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove the simple syrup mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
- For the lemonade:.
- Cut each lemon in half & use a juicer to get all the juice from each lemon.
- Use a spoon to dig out the pulp from the lemon halves.
- Put the lemon juice, pulp & rines into a serving container (plastic jug, dispenser etc).
- Add the 2 quarts of cold water & the 2 2/3 cups simple syrup.
- Allow the mixture to chill in the fridge until you are going to use.
- To Serve:.
- Fill a glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Pour the chilled lemonade mixture over the ice & enjoy.