Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love to serve French bread, but can never seem to eat the whole loaf. Since it gets hard in a hurry, I'm faced with tossing it out for the birds. But now I've found that it's easy to freshen hardened baguettes and other unsliced breads so that they will be as good as new.
- 1 loaf stale bread, unsliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place bread in a PAPER bag. If the bread came in a paper bag, use that one.
- Fold the open end of the bag over to enclose completely.
- Sprinkle with water on all sides, or spritz with a spray bottle.
- Place directly on oven rack and heat until bread is soft and warm -- 5 to 10 minutes.
- Voila -- bread is ready!