- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons penzeys tuscan sunset or other italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions, cover, and cook until translucent, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the zucchini and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and Italian seasoning, cooking until heated through.
- Serve over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.