Recipe by susie cooks
From Cooking Light. This is a fantastic summer recipe! I posted this as an appetizer but it is also great as a main dish served with a simple salad.
- 14.79 ml yellow cornmeal
- 283.49 g canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 236.59 ml diagonally sliced zucchini
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1/2 pound)
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 113.39 g fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml torn fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; secure with masking tape. Sprinkle the paper with cornmeal. Unroll dough onto paper; let stand 5 minutes. Pat dough into a 12-inch square. Arrange zucchini and tomato over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Fold edges of dough over zucchini and tomato (dough won't completely cover the zucchini and tomato).
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until the dough is lightly browned. Top with cheese; bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with basil. Cool on baking sheet 10 minutes on a wire rack.