Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a tweak of Spatchcock's Fresh Semolina and Egg Pasta -- it makes a substantial, but not at all dense, very tasty pasta. Posting for the nutrition information. Prep time includes 30-minute dough rest.
- Thoroughly sift together white whole wheat flour, semolina flour, and pinch of salt.
- On a clean surface, make a mountain out of flour mixture then make a deep well in center.
- Break the eggs into the well and add olive oil.
- Whisk eggs very gently with a fork, gradually incorporating flour from the sides of the well.
- When mixture becomes too thick to mix with a fork, begin kneading with your hands.
- Knead dough for 8 to 12 minutes, until it is smooth and supple.
- Dust dough and work surface with semolina as needed to keep dough from becoming sticky.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic and allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough with a pasta machine or a rolling pin to desired thickness.
- Cut into your favorite style of noodle or stuff with your favorite filling to make ravioli.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, then add 4 teaspoons salt.
- Cook pasta until tender but not mushy, 1 to 8 minutes depending on thickness.
- Drain immediately and toss with your favorite sauce.