Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa
- 3⁄4 cup whiskey (Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey is recommended)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar syrup
- ice cube
- maraschino cherry
- Note: to make sugar syrup, bring 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a boil, simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved; chill before using.
- Combine the whiskey, lemon juice, lime juice, and sugar syrup.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice; pour in the drink mix 2/3 full.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds and strain into glasses.
- Add a maraschino cherry and serve ice cold.
Delicious whiskey sour! I used water sweetened with Splenda instead of the simple syrup and that worked very well. Loved the fresh flavor of this - thanks for sharing!
This makes a great whiskey sour. It tastes best with fresh ingredients, but bottled juices will work if that's what you have on hand. Very flavorful!
I have most of Ina's books and these are the real thing, exactly how a true whiskey sour should taste!