My DBF(the truck driver) came home with extra watermelons from his delivery so I had to do somthing with them. This is very tasty, colorful and refreshing on a warm day.
- Slice the watermelon lengthwise about 1/3 of the way from the top.
- This will be your bowl so you may have to slice a small portion off the bottom in order for it to sit flat.
- Either ball or chunk the watermelon flesh.
- Hollow out the watermelon shell completely.
- Ball or chunk the remaining melons.
- Chunk the pineapple.
- Mix all the fruits in the melon bowl.
- Combine the juices, water and sugar together.
- Pour over the fruits and toss lightly.
- Chill if desired or serve immediately.
Wonderful flavour and pretty. I added all but the honeydew, strawberries and raspberries as I didn't have those freshly on hand at the time and didn't want to use frozen berries. Everything I used was fresh except for boxed orange juice which I would also add fresh next time. I will make this again possibly without the pineapple as there was some left at the end per my family.
I prepared this for my father's bridge BBQ event. The overall comments were "great". Was a hit. Enough was left over that my husband and I enjoyed it for our dinner. I did not have fresh blueberries or raspberries but was fine without. This recipe will be used many times. Linda
This turned out great. I'm taking this to a family reunion next month and wanted to try it first before I sprang it on the rest of the family! The next time I make it I'm going to use less water and bump up the juices. Oh and like one of the other reviewers I also saved the juices & add a shot of vodka! YUM! Thanks for two great ideas! Teena