Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nothing better than fresh, summer green beans! I hated them when I was a kid, now I can't get enough of them! Simplicity at its best!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces, cooked tender
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar, add more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from pan to drain on paper towel.
- Sauté onion in bacon drippings for 3 minutes.
- Add bacon and remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Pour over warm beans.
The recipe is awesome. I highly recommend
Nice combination of flavors. It's very similar to a recipe they serve in a great restaurant here in our town. We're always looking for new ways to enjoy veggies and this was a hit with one of our children...and this recipe makes it easy to keep some green beans plain for those who don't like dressing because the beans are not cooked - only dressed in these flavors. Thanks Wildflour :)
Awesome! Simple and tasty comfort food. Thanks Wildflour. We will have these often! Made for ZWT3.