Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the collection. Chicken broth can be substituted for vegetable stock.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 ounces corn, drained
- In a 4 quart saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened.
- Add the broth and tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon.
- Add the tomato paste, wine, parsley, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Add the carrot and celery and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in green beans, zucchini, and corn; simmer 10 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.