Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A simple, delicious meatless main dish or side dish. From Juanita's, Little Rock, AR.
Top Review by sustainablejj Vernon
Excellent!! I have only recently began cooking (vegetarian) for my GF and I; this dish has been by far the most delicious, and is also quite simple to prepare. I currently live in the countryside of Japan where squash is hard to come by at the supermarket, so used potato instead... tasted great!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a big skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion slices; cook for 5 minutes and stir frequently.
- Add the squash and bell pepper; cook for 3-5 minutes and stir frequently.
- Add tomato wedges, salt, and pepper; cover, lower heat, and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Put spinach leaves over vegetable mixture, cover and cook over low heat for 3 more minutes.
- Add cheese; cover and cook 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.