Recipe by KeyWee
This fresh-tasting salsa recipe is great to have when your garden is booming! Popular & versatile, it is a difficult recipe to get down on "paper" as I never really make it the same way twice. Always a hit on the deck in the summer!
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- 4 cauliflower florets
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, diced,reserve juice
- 1⁄3 cup pickled jalapeno pepper juice, from the jar
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely dice all vegetables, tomato thru olives.
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Cover& refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with taco chips.
- Notes: Use any firm veggies you have on hand.
- Do not omit the jalepenos or their juice.
- If you have leftovers, try this in a"fusion-type" stir-fry, in scrambled eggs, or in soup.