Recipe by Kim
A light cool refreshing salad good for summer. My kids even eat it. It really tastes great.
Top Review by Kat in Texas
GO KIM! I just made this about 30 min ago and couldn't wait to review it! Your description - light, cool, refreshing -- is spot on. It's wonderful! The only change I made was to use halved grape tomatoes (in same proportions as the cukes and peppers). The 1 Step Sweet Onion & Pepper seasonings is also a real find - had never tried before. Guaranteed, this will be a summer staple in our refrigerator! Thanks so much!
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 sweet onion (a whole one if you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick 1 step sweet onion & pepper seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel cucumbers.
- Dice cucumbers into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Wash green bell pepper and remove seeds.
- Dice green bell peppers into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Wash tomato and remove core.
- Cut tomato into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel onion and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Then mix all vegetables in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix all the ingredents for the dressing.
- Be sure to stir and mix well.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables and let stand covered in the refrigerator for about one to two hours.
- Then it will be ready to serve.