Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I have taken this to so many potlucks, cook-outs, and family to-dos. Always a favorite. I usually make it in the morning and let marinate for 8 hours. Then it is ready for the evening meal.
Top Review by PixieDust
This is the salad I served for our Christmas Eve dinner. Very easy. I made it eary that morning and let it marinate all day. The dressing had a wonderful tangy, zesty flavor. A crowd pleaser as there was none left. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups thinly sliced cauliflower
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the first 6 ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- In a krudit jar, add the olive oil, parsley, vinegar, salt, ground mustard, pepper, and garlic.
- Put on tight fitting lid; shake vigorously to combine ingredients.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.