1/2 Photos of Fresh Vegetable Pizza Appetizer
One of my favorite make-ahead, deliciously different appetizers for a party! Everyone love it and asks for the recipe. DH doesn't like broccoli and he loves this pizza, as all vegetable flavors blend after overnight refrigeration. I'd guess it serves about 24+ people with little 1-inch square bites. Leftovers, if there are any, can be refrigerated for about 2 days.
My Private Note
17x11 i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (13 7/8 ounce) cans refrigerated ready-made pizza dough or 2 (10 7/8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 head fresh broccoli, top florets only
- 1 bunch spring onion, including tops, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 fresh ripe tomato, peeled, seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, diced
- 4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup) or 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (1 cup)
OPTIONAL TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- sliced green olives (optional) or black olives (optional)
- thinly sliced purple onion, chopped (optional)
- thinly sliced celery (optional)
- grated carrot (optional)
- minced red bell peppers (optional) or green bell pepper (optional)
- sliced and diced summer squash (optional)
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- sliced asparagus spear (optional)
- almost any vegetables, you like raw (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Lightly grease 17x11 rectangular cookie sheet or a 16-ounce pizza pan.
- 3Press pizza dough into pan to form a crust.
- 4Bake as directed on package until crust is done and just slightly browned on top.
- 5Do not overbake.
- 7Mix Sauce ingredients together and spread over cooled crust.
- 8Prepared all of the vegetables of choice by dicing them into very small pieces, placing each vegetable in a separate bowl or stack.
- 9***Pay special attention to the tomatoes, as you need to drain these on paper towels to remove all excess moisture.
- 10Blot both top and bottom of tomatoes until they are dry.
- 11***Sprinkle each vegetable, along with the cheese, evenly over the pizza, covering the cream cheese sauce in a decorative fashion.
- 12Cover entire pizza with plastic wrap and gently press toppings into the cream cheese.
- 13Refrigerate until serving time.
- 14(I prefer to refrigerate overnight to let flavors blend.) Cut into small, appetizer servings (about 1"x1") (I use a pizza cutter for this).
- 15Don't be tempted to add too many toppings to this pizza.
- 16Toppings need to adhere to cream cheese to make it neater to serve and eat; however, I always have some topping fall away when I cut this.
- 17***I have kept this pizza in the refrigerator for several days, and it was still very delicious.
- 18SUBSTITUTE any of the toppings you like in place of the ones listed.
- 19I always select toppings that have a variety of complementary colors for a pretty presentation.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Vegetable Pizza Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 94.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry ranch dressing mix