Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has always been my favorite. Tastes like a veggie tray on a light & buttery crust. Whether you need an appetizer or a light lunch, this will do the trick. And what a great way to eat your veggies!!
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner roll
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese (optional)
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (as desired)
- various finely chopped raw vegetables (as desired, e.g. carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, green onion, bell peppers, etc.)
- Using a cookie sheet or large baking pan, unroll the crescent roll dough& press into bottom to form a crust.
- Bake as directed on the package being sure it doesn't burn or get too crispy.
- Mix sour cream, dip mix, and cream cheese (optional-I have also used cottage cheese here instead or just the sour cream).
- Spread over the completely cooled crust.
- Sprinkle with the vegetables and press down slightly.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of vegetables, cut into squares and enjoy!
super yummy. my 5 YO had this at preschool and LOVED it, so I looked up the recipe so we could make it at home. I used an 11"x17" cookie sheet and needed 1 1/2 can of the crescent rolls (I just couldn't make the 1 can stretch far enough) and it was great. Just whipped one up for a baby shower this weekend and there were NO leftovers.
My aunt used to make this, so I wanted to try it for myself & came across this recipe. We've already made it twice! It's been a big hit each time. My sister remarked "It's even better than Aunt C****'s veggie pizza!" The crust does seem to soften over time, so I think next time we'll bake the crust a little longer. We love to use broccoli, shredded carrot, sweet red, yellow, and orange peppers, and cucumbers.
Great recipe and easy to do!! While the crust bakes you can dice all of your veggies. This is a great snack. I make it for many get togethers and there aren't any leftovers.