Recipe by Trixyinaz
While during my juice fast, I came across this vegetable juice that has become a staple. I don't drink the real V8 juice so I can't tell you how close it is to the store-bought original, but from what I hear, it is pretty darn good!
Top Review by Gandalf The White
Just reading the ingredients on a can of V8, this isn't a double (V8 has celery juice and lots of watercress) ... but I do agree with Trixiyina that this is a wonderful veggie smoothie. Ginger and broccoli have lots of antioxidants and fiber, so this may actually be more healthy than V8!! Thanks for posting and for sharing!
- 5 tomatoes (to make 1 cup+)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 2 -4 large celery ribs
- 2 large carrots
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 inch gingerroot, peeled
- 1 small broccoli, bunch (fist size)
- sea salt, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄2 limes (optional) or 1⁄2 lemon (optional)