Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
While during my juice fast, I came across this vegetable juice that has become a staple. I don't drink the real V8 juice so I can't tell you how close it is to the store-bought original, but from what I hear, it is pretty darn good!
- 5 tomatoes (to make 1 cup+)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 2 -4 large celery ribs
- 2 large carrots
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 inch gingerroot, peeled
- 1 small broccoli, bunch (fist size)
- sea salt, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄2 limes (optional) or 1⁄2 lemon (optional)
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, celery, and carrots in your juice extractor.
- Stuff the ginger in the broccoli and place in the juice machine.
- For zest, squeeze the juice from a 1/2 lime or lemon into the juice.
- Add Sea Salt to taste if desired.
Just reading the ingredients on a can of V8, this isn't a double (V8 has celery juice and lots of watercress) ... but I do agree with Trixiyina that this is a wonderful veggie smoothie. Ginger and broccoli have lots of antioxidants and fiber, so this may actually be more healthy than V8!! Thanks for posting and for sharing!
When I started making this juice, I thought it was going to taste HORRIBLE! Much to my delight, I loved it! I am on a juice fast, and needed something that had substance... This did it. My toddler even loves it! I'll have my hubby try it when he gets home. Thank you so much for the post.