Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe online and it turned out pretty good. I have a fondness for fresh peas so I haven't tried it yet with frozen.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced (fairly thin)
- 1 large potato, cubed (thin skinned)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 44.37 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 226.79 g fresh green peas (haven't found frozen I liked yet)
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Sometimes I add a hot pepper sauce for some bite.
- In a 5-qt pan over med heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, celery and carrot.
- Cook, stir occasionally, until veggies are soft but not brown (10 min).
- Add potato, tomatoes, stock, basil to pan.
- Bring to boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and zucchini and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add peas and simmer for about 5 minutes or until all veggies are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cheese.
This was amazing!!! I happened to have homemade stock in the freezer so I used that. I left out the potato & added 1 cup egg noodles to make it a little heartier. I also used 5 cups stock instead of 4. Delicious & healthy-thanks!!
Delicious soup!! I love the basil and the cauliflower, they give the soup a unique flavor!! I love all the chunky vegetables!!! I left off the cheese but I am going to use it for the leftovers tomorrow night!! Loved this wonderful soup, thanks!!
Great recipe! Lots of yummy veggies. Easy to make. It just takes time to chop, but no big deal. Makes a big pot of wonderful soup.