1/1 Photo of Fresh Vegetable Basil Soup
1 hr 15 mins
Mary Hallen's Note:
I found this recipe online and it turned out pretty good. I have a fondness for fresh peas so I haven't tried it yet with frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced (fairly thin)
- 1 large potato, cubed (thin skinned)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 44.37 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 226.79 g fresh green peas (haven't found frozen I liked yet)
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1Sometimes I add a hot pepper sauce for some bite.
- 2In a 5-qt pan over med heat, melt butter.
- 3Add onion, celery and carrot.
- 4Cook, stir occasionally, until veggies are soft but not brown (10 min).
- 5Add potato, tomatoes, stock, basil to pan.
- 6Bring to boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Add cauliflower and zucchini and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 8Add peas and simmer for about 5 minutes or until all veggies are tender.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Serve with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Vegetable Basil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 201.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: