Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is wonderful on any salad, from spinach to endive its even lovely on pasta salad.
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 177.44 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 59.16 ml champagne vinegar
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 22.18 ml honey (to taste)
- 2.46 ml dried tarragon
- 1.23 ml salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Place the oil, vanilla bean pods and seeds into a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring the oil up to a low simmer, and then remove from heat and let stand at least 1 hour to infuse the vanilla flavor.
- Strain the oil through a fine sieve to remove the vanilla pod (the seeds will remain in the oil). Cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients except the oil in a small immersion blender or food processor, pulsing until the mixture is completely blended and smooth. Slowly add the oil while blending until the mixture is completely emulsified. Transfer to a small bowl or squeeze bottle and chill before dressing salad.
I adopted this chef for for Spring Pac 2013 game. Thiis is a lovely, light and different vinagarette. Simple to make and great for spring salads.