Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple salad with a refreshing flavour.
- 1 (22 ounce) package turnips (purple and white)
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, grated
- salt and pepper
- Wash and dry turnips. Cut off ends and leave unpeeled.
- Grate turnips. A julienne hand grater or food processor are ideal.
- Place in medium bowl.
- Combine rest of ingredients.
- Mix into turnips.
- Chill well.
Fresh tasting salad. I can't give it 5 stars because of the sugar. I used various coloured organic salad turnips from our weekly local organic produce basket, leas organic apple cider vinegar to be healthier, a light tasting organic olive oil, organic raw cane sugar, organic parsley, organic onion, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. I'm glad I tried it but I don't think I will make it again.
This was OK. I don't think I will make again. It didn't have hardly any flavor at all.
For ease of preparation and freshness, this salad can't be beat. I guess one has to like raw turnips, but if one does, it is outstanding!