Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another recipe that I have collected in my quest to find healthy recipes. This sounds like it would taste really fresh on a summer's evening or for lunch. The recipe was originally published in the September 2007 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 large tuna steaks
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, slices
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Rub oil over each steak, then sprinkle with spices.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, then cook the steaks on one side for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Cut into strips.
- Heat the tortillas for 30 seconds in a microwave until soft.
- Pile tuna, avocado and tomatoes on top of each, then squeeze over the line juice and scatter with cilantro.
- Roll up and eat. If you like you can put a dollop of sour cream on the prior to rolling them up.
This was wonderful. I cooked my tuna much longer than what the directions called for. Will definately be making this again. I made this for zwt5.