Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
I like the with roasted chicken.
- 2 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 5 1⁄2 lbs fresh tuna
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 (7 ounce) jarroasted bell peppers, drained and cut in strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Brush the tortillas on both sides with the oil, then cut them into 1/4-by-3-inch strips.
- Toss the strips with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the sesame seeds.
- Lay the strips out on the prepared baking sheet and toast in the oven 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, or until they are crisped and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the tuna with the remaining salt, pepper and cumin.
- Coat a broiling pan or grill pan with cooking spray, heat, then add the tuna and cook for about 3 minutes on each side for rare (or until cooked to desired degree of doneness).
- Let the tuna stand 2 to 3 minutes before cutting with the grain into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- Combine the cheese, yogurt and lime juice in a bowl.
- Gently toss the tuna with the lettuce, roasted pepper strips and the dressing.
- Divide the salad among 4 dinner plates, and top with the tortilla"croutons" (alternatively, the crisped tortilla chips can be tossed in with the salad just before serving).