Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 mins
Here is a simple recipe using fresh tuna or salmon. The fish can be either poached or broiled. This salad makes a lovely presentation at a luncheon or dinner party.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh tuna filets (or salmon filets)
- 1 head lettuce (or greens assortement)
Vinagrette Dressing with plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar, red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make vinagrette by mixing all ingredients well. Set aside.
- POACHED FISH: In a medium skillet, bring 1-2 quarts water to simmer. Cut fish into 1" cubes and drop into water. Simmer 1-2 minutes. Drain carefully and allow to cool.
- BROILED FISH: Cut fish into 1" cubes and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spray fish with butter flavored cooking spray if desired and sprinkle with lemon seasoning (such as Greek seasoning blend or Mrs. Dash). Broil 1-2 minutes watching so as not to burn. Remove from broiler and allow to cool.
- Arrange salad greens onto a serving platter or individual salad plates. Carefully place the fish onto the greens. Gently spoon the vinagrette over top and serve.
I really liked this. I moved the tomatoes up and out of the vinaigrette so that I could whisk the vinaigrette together. I grilled the tuna, although I fantasized about serving it raw, my fish monger said, "no", to flash fry it on both sides. I also didn't try the boil method. I will add black olives the next time. Thanks, 2Bleu! Made for Photo Tag.