Recipe by Lene
I have added wasabi, which is japanese horseradish, to these burgers because it gives them a wonderful kick. You wasabi in the asian sections of a supermarket, but if you can not get a hold of it a dab of english mustard will do.
FOR THE SALSA
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE BURGERS
- 400 g fresh tuna
- 1 -2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 ciabatta, loaf sliced and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by making the salsa: Stir all the ingredients together and set aside at room temperature for at least an hour to let the flavours infuse.
- Place the tuna in a food processor and pulse until coarsely minced. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the wasabi paste, sesame seeds and some salt and pepper. With damp hands, shaoe the mixture into 4 even sized burgers.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. SPray a baking sheet with a little oil and arrange the burgers on the tray. Spray with a lttle more oil and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Place the tuna burgers on the toasted ciabatta slices and top with a dalloop of salsa. Garnish with slices of fresh lime and serve warm.