1/5 Photos of Fresh Tuna Burgers With Ginger Mustard Glaze
Recipe Reader's Note:
From Union Square Cafe. You need to chop the fresh tuna in order to make the burgers, but it is definitely worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Glaze
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
For the Tuna Burgers
- 1For the Sauce: combine all glaze ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer about 5 minutes. Reserve in a warm place until tuna burgers are cooked.
- 2For the Burgers: Chop the tuna to the texture of hamburger meat.
- 3In a large bowl, combine chopped tuna with garlic, mustard, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- 4Mix well and divide into 4 equal portions.
- 5Form into patties.
- 6Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the burgers and sear until browned and medium rare, about 3-4 minutes per side(or longer for well done burgers).
- 7Brush each burger with glaze and serve on a buttered toasted bun with pickled ginger bits.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tuna Burgers With Ginger Mustard Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1026.3
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 10106.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.7 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 78.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar