Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Garden fresh meaty tomatoes with a dressing with a little bite and freshness. Grape tomatoes can be served as an appetizer on cute toothpicks or sliced as a salad.
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced or 4 cups grape tomatoes, cut in 1/2
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers
- 4 roasted garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 small jalapeno (1/2 teaspoon minced)
- 4 basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes on a platter.
- Place dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to blend.
- Pour over tomatoes and chill if desired.
Yummy on the tummy. Made these last night and packed in my lunch today and boy what a tasty treat. Wonderful smells and flavors when I opened the container. Made as written. Will be making again real soon. Thanks so much for the post.
What a great way to eat tomatoes fresh from the garden! I halved the recipe and so enjoyed the deep flavors! A make again recipe for sure! Thanks Rita. Made for the Vegetarian Swap-Sept. 2009.
This was a great tangy dressing with my home grown tomatoes. I cut them in 1/8th and it made a nice side salad to go with our falafel and pita. We even tried the two together. Very nice change from tomatoes on salads! Thanks.