Garden fresh meaty tomatoes with a dressing with a little bite and freshness. Grape tomatoes can be served as an appetizer on cute toothpicks or sliced as a salad.
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced or 4 cups grape tomatoes, cut in 1/2
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers
- 4 roasted garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 small jalapeno (1/2 teaspoon minced)
- 4 basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes on a platter.
- Place dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to blend.
- Pour over tomatoes and chill if desired.