Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A lovely dish! Tip Make sure the curds is not sour. Also, soak channa overnight, to boil in 7-8 whistles, in cooker.
- 6 firm ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh curds, beaten
- 2 tablespoons channa dal
- 1 cup kabuli channa, boiled (1/2 cup when dry)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint leaf, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamarind chutney
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter tomatoes.
- Remove inside carefully.
- Beat curds.
- Add half the cumin seeds, salt, half the sugar and keep aside.
- Keep the quartered tomato boats aside.
- Pressure cook chana and dal till soft.
- Mash coarsely.
- Add garam masala, red chilli, 1/2 sugar, cumin, salt, mint and ginger.
- Heat in a heavy pan, stirring continuously, till a soft lump is formed.
- Adjust seasoning and salt if required.
- Fill each tomato quarter with this mixture, pressing down gently into hollow.
- Arrange side by side in a shallow dish.
- Pour seasoned curds over the quarters to cover all.
- Drizle tamarind chutney over it and sprinkle a few pinches of red chilli powder.
- Garnish by sprinkling chopped corriander leaves.
- Serve immediately, as a snack or salad.