Recipe by Danny Beason
Belinda Ellis with White Lily. New White Lily Frozen Roll Dough makes an easy pizza crust in minutes, they make heavenly light rolls too!
White Lily Parmesan Pepper Crust
- 6 pieces white lily frozen crescent roll dough
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
Tomato Pesto Topping
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 -5 granger county tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray 11 x 16 tart pan or baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove six White Lily Frozen Dough pieces from the freezer.
- Allow White Lily Frozen Roll Dough to thaw.
- To thaw the rolls quickly: place wrapped dough in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Turn and heat just until dough is soft, but not warm.
- Using a rolling pin or stretching with your hands, roll dough as thin as possible.
- Sprinkle the pepper and Parmesan cheese over the dough and roll so the ingredients stick into the dough.
- Place cheese side up on baking sheet or tart pan.
- Prick dough with a fork and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile chop basil and slice tomatoes into to ¼-inch slices.
- Brush crust lightly with olive oil.
- Layer the cheese on the dough and return to oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread the pesto in a thin layer on top of the cheese.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle the top with basil and toasted pine nuts.