1/2 Photos of Fresh Tomato Tart
1 hr 15 mins
A lovely and delicious savory tart for those fresh summer tomatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 cups sharp provolone cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375*.
- 2In a food processor, combine the flour, cornstarch, one-fourth teaspoon salt and butter. Pulse the mixture until it is in very tiny bits.
- 3Add one egg and pulse until a dough forms. This dough is rather tough but, it does come together nicely.
- 4Gather the dough into a ball. Then press the dough in to the tart pan, covering every bit. (You could, roll the dough out to a 12-inch circle, if you want.) Crimp the edges, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5Roughly chop 1/4 cup of the basil leaves. Stack and roll the other basil leaves and cut them into thin ribbons.
- 6Mix the cheese, mayo, chopped basil, green onions and pepper in a bowl. Spread the mixture over the bottom of the tart shell.
- 7Top with grape tomatoes and press them down. Bake for 35 minutesï¿½until the crust edges are golden-brown and the cheese is bubbling up.
- 8Cool for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup sliced basil ribbons. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato Tart
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.3 mg
- Sodium 645.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: