From 365 Ways to Cook Pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan; stir int he onions, celery, garlic and sage leaves; saute, stirring, ove low heat until the onions are coated with oil.
- 2Cover and sweat the vegetables over low heat until very soft; 25 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile place the peeled tomatoes into a sieve set over a bowl. Break tomatoes with hands and squeeze out the juices and seeds.
- 4Rinse any seeds off the tomato flesh; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- 5Press on the pulp left in the sieve to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard seeds. Add the strained juices and the tomato pulp to the onions.
- 6Add the chicken broth and heat to simmering.
- 7Just before serving, stir in the orzo; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato Soup With Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1429.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves
cooked orzo pasta