Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Ladies Home Journal. Very tasty!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped (about 6 medium)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan cook onion and butter or margarine until tender.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato sauce, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 min.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
This was ok. Very low calorie. It tasted like it needed something else. Next time I will try a more fattening recipe.