- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add canned tomatoes, vegetable broth and honey.
- Simmer over med-low heat for 35-40 minutes.
- Add meat of fresh tomatoes, simmer an additional 15 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with fresh basil or top with mozzarella.
- Optional: grate a carrot into the soup to boost Vitamin A content.