Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Heinz tomato soup is my comfort food but recently I have worried about the "other" stuff hiding in it! This is luscious and quick for a variation roast the tomatoes first.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small potato, diced
- 450 g tomatoes, diced
- 50 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 450 ml vegetable stock
- 425 ml milk
- Sauté onion in the butter until transparent.
- Add everything else apart from the milk.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 20 mins ,covered.
- Liquidize and stir in milk, reheat if needed.
Fantastic soup. Every one licked the bowls clean!!