Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so good! It gives you the real tomato flavor and if you have a garden with so many tomatoes you can't figure what do with them this is the answer.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 lb pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Core tomatoes tear or cut into bite-size pieces into serving bowl. Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes, oregano, basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 cup oil. Lightly crush together. Let stand at room temperature 1 to 8 hours. I found the longer it sat the better and also dry basil could be used in place of fresh.
- When the sauce has set the time you would like cook the pasta. Any pasta will work although I think spaghetti or fusilli works best. Add hot , cooked pasta to sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan and enjoy!
Simple and tasty, I added a bit of sauteed zuchinni and it was great.