- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups chopped fresh ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over low heat; stir in garlic; saute 1 minute; do not brown.
- Add tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, until mixture boils and sauce begins to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in fresh herbs and salt and pepper. Toss hot pasta with the sauce and serve.