Recipe by SmHerndon
The description is in the title... ;-) Listed for use with my "Spinach and Cheese Ravioli with Fresh Tomato Sauce "
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until the garlic just begins to turn golden brown.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are softened and a sauce is formed. Stir in the basil.