Recipe by Lainey39
The most important thing, obviously, about this sandwich is the tomato. It needs to be ripe and grown close by; not from the supermarket.
- 1 ripe tomatoes
- 2 slices white farm bread or 2 slices peasant bread
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the tomato thickly, about as thick as a slice of bread.
- Spread the bread with mayonnaise.
- Place the tomato on one slice.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Place provolone cheese on the other slice of bread; place on top of the tomato-covered bread.
- Cut the sandwich in half.