Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tomato salsa has a fresh taste with depth of flavor! I made this as an experiment one day after having many leftover tomatoes from another recipe and recently being on a cumin kick. It got rave reviews from some picky eaters! It's best to use rubber gloves when handling hot peppers.
- 5 -6 roma tomatoes, diced (drain liquid)
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, diced (use a shallot or Vidalia onion)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve immediately!