Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every summer(and winter too) my co-worker ask for me to bring this in for a snack. A friend of mine once took it to the local Farmers Market as a way of selling her produce. One man offered to buy the whole gallon container just to take home!
- 8 -10 large tomatoes (home-grown the best, but store bought in a crunch o.k.)
- 1 large onion
- jalapeno pepper (to taste for desired hotness)
- chopped fresh cilantro (to taste)
- chopped garlic
- green pepper
- salt, to taste if desired
- Chop all vegetables.
- If you like hot leave a few seeds of jalepeno.
- Sprinkle with cumin and salt to taste.
- I have also used this same recipe and cooked all ingredients down.
- Canned in sterile jars and processed according to directions.
- This is good to add to the homemade chile in the winter!
- You will never go back to store canned tomatoes again!
My family loved this salsa. I used tomatoes from our garden.
For our tastes, I added 1 pt of yellow pear tomatoes, sub. 1 med red onion for yellow, 1/2 jalap, 1T cilantro, 1T garlic, 1t cumin, 1/2t pepper, 1 green pepper, 1t salt, 1/8 - 1/4 cup lime juice and ate it fresh.