Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious served w/your favorite chips or with chicken/fish/beef as a topping! Be sure to chill for a few hours before serving to help the flavors blend.
- 6 plum tomatoes (must be ripe)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 ear of corn, cooked and shucked
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 lime, juice of
- fresh ground pepper
- Slice tomatoes in half and squeeze to get out most of the seeds. Dice tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust according to your taste.
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving to improve taste.
This recipe makes for a nice tasting salsa! I realize my preference is for milder Mexican foods, but even when I cut the jalapeno back by half, it was still plenty hot for my taste! Will make it again, full strength, for some latino friends of mine, though! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphan chefs at the end of this Spring's PAC]