Recipe by Andrea from Winnipeg
This fresh salsa is the taste of summer - fresh and tangy with a little bit of heat. Perfect! Everyone always asks me to bring this to summer BBQ's and I've handed out the recipe many times. I hope you enjoy it too!
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 1⁄2 large red onion
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper (de-seeded for milder salsa)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 limes
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice tomatoes, green peppers, onion, jalapenos, garlic and cilantro or pulse on the chop setting in a food processor until diced.
- You may have to do two batches.
- Put diced vegetables in a large bowl and add the tomato juice, juice from 2 limes and as much Tabasco sauce as desired.
- Stir and enjoy!