Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My fiance wanted to make a similar salsa to Newman's Own Pineapple salsa, and this is what we came up with. It is sweet at first, then really has a kick to it.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple, with juice
- 1 (10 ounce) canhot Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Put all ingredients except diced tomatoes in food processor and puree. Make sure to include juice from pineapple can.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and refrigerate overnight to let flavors marry together.