Recipe by Amber C.
I harvested quite a few beautiful tomatoes from my garden and was trying to come up with a few new ideas. Tried this one and it worked! I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 -4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pie crust at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Cool.
- Sprinlke half of mazzarella on bottom of cooled pie crust. top with tomato slices and arrange onion slices evenly over tomatoes.
- Combine salad dressing, remaining mozzarella, basil, salt and black pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Spoon over tomatoes and onions.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.