Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was brought up to the cabin we stayed at in Stehekin, WA by my cousin by way of her daughter, Cinda. Lovely dish and very tasty. We made the crust with Bisquick because it packs in better than crescent rolls. Either way its a delicious idea.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Separate crescent rolls.
- Form a crust by lining a deep dish pie pan with the rolls.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Peel and slice tomatoes
- Place in a single layer in a colander.
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for about 10 minutes.
- Layer tomato slices, onions and basil in shell.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine mayonnaise and cheese.
- Spread on top of the tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
This was a five star recipe had I not had trouble with the cheese mixture. It was difficult to spread over the tomato mix. Other than that the flavor, even using dried basil, was just great. After it cooked for about 15 minutes I took it out of the oven and spread the cheddar cheese mixture a little better to cover the pie more evenly then put it back in the oven to finish cooking. That worked great. I can't wait for the fresh tomatoes this summer. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013
Made this for my Dad's memorial service a few weeks ago. Tomatoes were one of his favorites. It was lovely. Thanks.