Recipe by Mirj
This is very more-ish. My BH and I can polish the whole thing off by ourselves. It will serve 4-6 as an appetizer, but only 2 if it's served as the main course.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Yummy! I also sprinkled with 1 tsp of minced garlic and just the tiniest pinch of sugar. It needed a bit more mayo to spread out, sealing in the pie - maybe 3/4 cup. A must try with vine-ripened tomatoes.
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 3 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, torn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake crust 5 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Reduce heat to 400 degrees.
- Line the piecrust with tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil and chives.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and cheese and mix well.
- Carefully spread the mayonnaise mixture over the tomatoes slices, sealing mayonnaise mixture to the edges of the pie crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until topping bubbles and begins to brown.
- Serve immediately.