Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came in a flyer from a local realtor.
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell
- 2 extra-large red ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup chopped vidalia onion
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Slice the tomatoes and place in the pie shell with the onions; sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil.
- In a small bowl combine the cheese and mayonnaise; spread over tomato layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Note: You can substitute any fresh vegetable for the tomatoes and change the herbs to suit your personal taste.