Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A savory pie hearty enough to use as a main dish. Perfect for potluck and great for vegetarians.
Make and share this Fresh Tomato Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 5 -6 tomatoes, peeled, & sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- To peel tomatoes, use large pot, fill with water and bring to boil. Place tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute and then place in large bowl of ice water for 1 minute. Remove and let cool. Skins should peel right off!
- Mix Bisquick with approximately 1/3 cup water and butter in bowl. You may need to add more water as needed to form dough.
- Press into bottom and sides of greased 13" X 9" baking dish.
- Place layer of tomatoes on Bisquick crust first and then layer of cheese over that. Continue until all tomatoes are used.
- Mix mayonnaise, onion, parsley, and basil in small bowl. Spread over top of layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until crus is light golden br.