Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Cooking Light. Mmmm... Summer! They say this serves 8. I say it serves 4!
Make and share this Fresh Tomato-Pesto Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 3 cups chopped seeded tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- To prepare pesto, place 4 cups basil leaves and 2 garlic cloves in a food processor, and pulse 5 times or until coarsely chopped.
- With processor on, add broth, Parmesan, and oil through food chute; process until well-blended.
- To prepare pizza, place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread pesto over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with the tomato, garlic slices, and provolone.
- Bake at 475° for 12 minutes or until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil. Cut the pizza into 8 wedges.