Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine brought this for dinner and it was SO good and fresh... a great Summer side!
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese (if all you can find is the tub, make sure to pat it real dry)
- 1⁄2 cup torn basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- Cut up the tomatoes and mozzarella into large cubes.
- Add basil leaves and drizzle w/ vinegar and olive oil.
- Stir lightly.
- Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Store in refrigerator.
This was a wonderful salad! I did add some diced onion and a little garlic salt for added flavor but will make this definately again. I served this with Nob Hill Chicken Bake#164782 by Chef#219942#219942 which made for a wonderful meal. Thank you for a delicious salad. P.S. Fresh tomatoes really add to the flavor.
This is one of my GO TO easy and delicious summer salads when the tomatoes are perfection. I sometimes add cucumber and/or red onion if I have it around. It's similar to a caprese salad taste but it feels lower maintenance. A must try!
So delicious! Fresh garden tomatoes, the mozzerella and the dressing...what a great combination!