Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine brought this for dinner and it was SO good and fresh... a great Summer side!
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese (if all you can find is the tub, make sure to pat it real dry)
- 1⁄2 cup torn basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- Cut up the tomatoes and mozzarella into large cubes.
- Add basil leaves and drizzle w/ vinegar and olive oil.
- Stir lightly.
- Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Store in refrigerator.
I made this recipe as written and my husband and I loved it! The favors were bright, fresh and delicious! Will be on a regular rotation as long as we have fresh tomatoes.
This is one of my GO TO easy and delicious summer salads when the tomatoes are perfection. I sometimes add cucumber and/or red onion if I have it around. It's similar to a caprese salad taste but it feels lower maintenance. A must try!
So delicious! Fresh garden tomatoes, the mozzerella and the dressing...what a great combination!