Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I found in Taste of Home Light and Tasty. It makes a really quick and refreshing summertime pasta salad using fresh garden ingredients. Great served warm or at room temperature.
- 2 1⁄2 cups farfalle pasta (bow ties)
- 1⁄4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 -2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, adding the cut beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- In a large bowl, blend together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, chives and basil.
- Drain the pasta, rinse under cool water, drain well and add to tomatoes mixture; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble the cheese over all and serve.
Great recipe to use up my garden vegetables, I used halved cherry tomatoes and also did some amount adjustments, thanks for sharing Paula!...Kitten:)